Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Teasing

Jeremiah played baseball tonight and it's been a while, but he got a hit. Everyone was kind of surprised that he and his team forgot what to do next. However, we've been encountering some problems.

One of his last games he was pulled aside for spitting on the other team players. When I asked him why, he replied "they called me things." Well, tonight he kept closing in on one of his team mates and flicked him on his back, laughed and spat. I asked him again, he replied, "he's in front of me." I looked at them in the lineup more than I looked at the game. Lo and behold, another boy was doing the bunny fingers behind Jeremiah and poking fun at him to other team mates while pointing at him. It saddened me, but what was worse was the other boy kept going to the coach telling on Jeremiah. Coach pulled him aside and reprimanded Jeremiah. I let him deal with it at the time, but after the game I filled him in on the whole story.

Why are some kids shy? bullies? innocent? rude? I don't know. Why are some adults shy? bullies? innocent? rude?

No comments: