Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Cardboard Creations

I came home with a medium sized cardboard box and Jeremiah asked if he could use it for his imagination with a promise of not cutting it, so I agreed. He quickly turned this plain box into a car. With only a marker, he strategically drew headlights, tail lights, wheels, gas tank, windows, and a steering wheel equipped with a horn. He quickly coerced his 3 year old sister, Laura, to "take a ride" as he pushed her throughout the house making car noises.

Soon after they started, baby dolls were being included and at one time Jeremiah stated the "baby" was sick and had to go to the doctor. (Dr. Mom, that is!) They drove their invention to me and asked that I fix the baby and that they would be back soon. Two minutes passed and there they were in front of me asking if the baby would be okay. I told them that the baby would be just fine.

Jeremiah commented to Laura, handing her the baby, "Honey, honey! Doctor mom said that the baby is okay, isn't that great!" And along they went....for 2 hours! (I just found out that Jeremiah had a little help from daddy on the hood of the car but the rest was Jeremiah's idea!)

No comments: