Tuesday, February 14, 2006

God will take care of it!

I was taking up the trash in the kitchen the other night and Thomas said he'd be my helper. Well, I cinched up the sack and asked him if he'd take it to the garbage can in the garage. "SURE!!" He exclaimed with such exuberance. Seconds later, I hear moaning, groaning, huffing and puffing. "Mom!" I went to see what was going on. He couldn't quite pick up the bag to put it in the can because of its size and the van was parked too close. I told him not to worry about it and to put it off to the side and then he mumbled something. So, I repeated what I thought he said "daddy will do it?" He then proceeded to correct me "No, God will do it!" "Oh", I replied. He put it down and turned to me with a huge grin "Don't worry mommy, God will take care of it!" Isn't it like a child of God to express such innocense and a true belief in God's ability that makes everything better and wipes away the stress.

No comments: